Mnyb wrote:
> Probably not alone , the problem looks simple from the surface , but if
> you think about it "what is a duplicate" ,you can probably define one
> use case . But otherwise endless possibilities for bugs .
> For example having the same album in different releases with maybe only
> a comment tag as differentiator .
>
> And the fact that tagging schemes for different formats may not be
> exactly equivalent artist or album artist ? or what ? also LMS internal
> representation of data of the music is not the tags but something
> reduced from the tags .
>
> Could be an endless support issue this feature .
>
> Definitely not alone , I think this questions pops up around every month
> on this forum .

yep, all good points and difficult issues.  For example, I have Beatles,
original release CDs, Mono box set, Stereo box set.  Duplicate finder
would have to distinguish between, say, Rubber Soul, across all three
versions. Obviously, not impossible (as I use tags to distinguish
myself, adding [MONO] or [Stereo] to end of album name....