emalvick wrote:
> Besides the sillyness,  I typically use Artistsort to reflect where I'd
> expect to find the artist in a record store rather than any special
> rule.
> That's how it would be filed in a record store, so that's how I filed
> it. I suppose I could change given that I rarely use a record store
> anymore, but I've gotten used to it that way.

The same is true for me, as explained above. The silliness came from
imagining the possible outcome of an automatically (rule-based)
generated artistsort tag.

> But, I am album artist oriented in listening habits and rarely browse
> for an album first.

But, when browsing for an artist, you don't have problems in recognizing
the current letter while scrolling?
In the meantime I do, since my library is growing. But the level of
suffering is not yet big enough to change tags.