reinholdk wrote:
> Mp3tag does not work like this. It maps between tag names displayed to
> the user and the format-specific tags. So it does not write IDvx.y tags
> to flac files nor Vorbis comments to mp3 files.

Correct. mp3tag (despite the name) writes correct FLAC specification
tags (not ID3v... tags). It is a very powerful, flexible tagging
program, a favorite of many windows users that are serious about tagging
their files.

And as noted, one should NOT add ID3v... tags to a FLAC file, even if
there is software that would allow you do this.

There are some similarly named programs floating around. So be sure and
use actual mp3tag. Find it here:
http://download.mp3tag.de/mp3tagv272setup.exe

*Home:* VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio
(all ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win8(64) > LMS 7.9 > Squeezelite
*Spares:* Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng8 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify