I'm sorry.  I meant that 7.9 sounds a little more flexible or easier to
set up multiple libraries, not with regard to classical music or
different fields.

I still run 7.8, so I don't know for sure about 7.9.  I tried it once a
year ago, but I couldn't get it to run correctly.

In my 7.8 setup, I use Erland's "Custom Browse" and "Custom Scan" plugin
to give me the flexibility to browse fields as I wish, although life
prevented me from getting the classical menus to where I've envisioned.
I mostly use a STYLE tag and an ALBUM ARTIST based view to get some of
what I wanted.  I planned on having Composer, Conductor, and Orchestra
based menus but never got around to it.

The parts I mentioned where I fill in song titles, albums, artists,
album artists, genre, etc. from the custom tags have sufficed, albeit
not perfectly. I've just not been able to successfully keep the browsing
clear.  Filling in albums, artists, etc this way make some of the menus
contaminated even when the multiple library plugin I use in 7.8 reflects
the criteria correctly.  But, that is a whole different issue I'll deal
with some day.