I recently downloaded 2 96-24 albums in FLAC from 7digital.  The
Mavericks latest Brand New Day (which is pretty compressed but that is
another story) and Rhiannon Giddens EP Factory Girl.  For some odd
reason the tracks on each album played in alphabetical order, not track
order.  No other albums in my collection exhibit this behavior.

-  Songs played in alphabetical order, not track order
-  Album is listed as "Brand New Day/ Brand New Day" for The Mavericks
  and "Factory Girl / Factory Girl" for Rhiannon Giddens (no quotes)
-  Similarly each song title is listed as song title / song title (eg.
  Riding Along / Riding Along)

Trouble Shooting:

-  Using dbpoweramp I edited Disc from 1/1 to 01
-  Change Track from 1/10, 2/10, 3/10, etc to 01, 02, 03 etc.
-  Changed the file name from "The Mavericks - 1. Riding Along.FLAC"
  "The Mavericks - 01 Riding Along.FLAC" (IOW I removed the period)

None of those attempts corrected it.  If I played the album by selecting
Music Folder first, they would play properly as the files are named
with the track number.

Also, and I have seen this behavior before with FLACS, even though I set
the tags 'Artist Sort' and 'Album Artist Sort' to "Giddens, Rhiannon",
it is still sorted under "R".  If I add new tags "ARTISTSORT" and
"ALBUMARTISTSORT" (note the capital letters and no spacing) and tag with
"Giddens, Rhiannon" it is sortted properly under "G".

I have found a work around - I used the batch converter in dbpoweramp to
convert the 96/24 FLACS to 96/24 FLACS in a new folder.  (There
shouldn't be any harm in that, should there?)
As an afterthought, perhaps I should have did a complete rescan of the
library first, maybe that might have cleared it up.

Can anyone offer any clues?  This is one of the frustrating things about
this 'hobby'. Sometimes you just want to sit and listen to an album and
these little gremlins sneak in and you wind up troubleshooting for an
hour!