This is a bit of a side question since the user purchased FLAC files
that apparently have ID3 tags.

Is this a potential flag that the files were originally MP3 files?

Has anyone ever purchased FLAC files that ended up being converted from
MP3's?  I'm guessing one could tell fairly easily if buying
high-resolution files, but I'm not sure on standard ones.  I still buy
CD's but wouldn't mind switching to buying FLACs if I can trust them.
7-digital makes this appealing since they have a large selection and
decent prices, but I also wonder sometimes.