DJanGo wrote:
> did you clear and rescan after that change?
> Believe me if your thinking is right then it woulndnt make sense to give
> a user that way to choose.

Not sure I'm following what you are saying, but this is what I see:

If I select the option for 2 lists, there is no option to specify what
you want in the 2nd list. When selecting tracks, I then have Album
Artists, and All Artists. One problem with All Artists is that it is not
only showing everyone marked as 'Artist' in a track, but also other
fields like Composer, etc... This is a problem, because those additional
tags don't have a sort-variant (or not that I know of), and this messes
up the list completely. E.g. Mike Oldfield lists under O, but Paul Anka
lists under P (because he happens to be the composer of a Michael
Jackson song).
In any case, when I go to Mike Oldfield under Album Artists, or I go to
Mike Oldfield under All Artists, what I'm seeing is exactly the same
thing: all albums that have tracks having Mike Oldfield as the artist.
Again, more logical would be that if you go Album Artists -> Mike
Oldfield, you would only see the albums that have him as Album Artist.

If I select the option for 1 list, and deselect the 3 options (Composer,
Conductor, Band/Orchestra), the list that I'm getting is clearly only
the Album Artists list. None of the Artists that occur on that X-Files
Album (other than Mike Oldfield, because I have an album of his) show up
in this list. Given that the 3 options don't even include 'Artist' (i.e.
the track artist), this seems weird and incorrect behavior.