NigelC wrote:
> My wife tried to put on some festive music this morning (Ce Lo Greens
> Magic Moments), and LMS just queued 1 track. Last Xmas, the album played
> fine.
> LMS seems to have created 6 albums, all with the same name. 1 version
> has all the 14 tracks, the others have 1 or more tracks seemingly at
> random.
>
> I went in with Mp3tag to see if there were any strange tags - nothing
> that unusual, but I simplified it to leave just:
> Title, Artist, Album, Track, Genre
> with nothing else in Extended tags
> I also made sure the Album and Artist fields were the same
>
> I tried a "new & changed" scan, as well as full rescan, but in both
> cases,  I now only have 2 albums of the same name, the first with all 14
> tracks, but the other with tracks 1, 2, 7, 9, 10, 13
>
> This album is mp3, whereas most of my music is flac, and the folder
> structure is ...\<artist>\<album>\tracks
>
> The option  Treat TPE2 MP3 tag as Album Artist is set
> LMS 8.0.0 1590399854 running on a Pi4 with PicorePlayer 6.1.0
>
> I have tried a scan with logging set to debug for the scanner options,
> but this doesn't show anything relevant.
>
> Any ideas??
>
> Cheers
> Nigel

A few things I've seen cause this:

1. are there tracks with ARTIST tags that are different from others on
the album
2. Have you set ALBUM ARTIST to be identical for all tracks
3. Do some tracks have Disk number filled in or Total Disk Number filled
in and others don't.
4. Do some tracks have COMPILATION tag set?
5. Any other tag field that differs other than track number and title?

I use mp3tag (tagger for all sorts of files, including FLAC), and it is
great for finding these problems.   Install mp3tag.  Load up all these
files from problem album, select all, right click and select "extended
tags"  This will show you all the tags in that file and you can tell
whether some files are different from others, etc.

https://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html

*Home:* VBA2.5 4TB -or- rPi4B/pCP6.1/4TB>LMS 8.0.0>Transporter, Touch,
Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
*Cottage:* rPi4B/pCP6.1/4TB>LMS 8.0.0>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio
w/Battery (ethernet except Radio WIFI)
*Office:* Win10(64)>foobar2000
*The Wild: *rPi3B+/pCP4.0, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS &
Squeezelite)
*Controllers:* iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin,
or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
*Files:* -Ripping-: dbpoweramp > FLAC; -Post-rip-: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
-Streaming:- Spotify