On Wed, 7 Dec 2011, Terry LeTourneau wrote:

But here is where I have been scratching my head.  Yesterday, when I went to
open up RDAdmin on RD#1 I get this message:  "The Rivendell Database needs
to be updated.  All audio and settings will be preserved, but this will STOP
any audio playout or recording on this machine for a few seconds.

I've seen that message, but only when I've upgraded to a new Rivendell version. I believe it means that the database rdadmin is looking at is one from an earlier Rivendell version, and must be updated to the current schema.

I have never seen this before and when I click "OK", I get this message in
return: "Unable to update Rivendell Database".

Please refresh my memory; you are using Rivendell in a client/server mode, where the database resides on a server separate from the machine running the software; is that right?

Is this a new installation? Has it always been running 2.0.1? If not, what was the previous version?

Rob