On Wednesday 07 December 2011 08:16:34 pm Gary Hodder wrote:

> Hi Cowboy,
>
> Done some more checking and googling and these disconnects are totally
> random. It looks as though this el cheapo joystick is picking up
> electrical interference causing the computers hub to disconnect.
> When I get time I'll build it into a shielded box.

 Balanced twisted pairs about always outperform shielded wire in every case.
 ( see my series in theBDR.net for the physics of why )

 Are you in a particularly noisy environment ?

--
Cowboy

http://cowboy.cwf1.com

"The last time somebody said, `I find I can write much better with a
word processor.', I replied, `They used to say the same thing about
drugs.'
                -- Roy Blount, Jr.