On Thursday 29 December 2011 11:41:19 am Fred Gleason wrote:
> On Dec 28, 2011, at 23:37 41, Jay Ashworth wrote:
>
> > Recommend adding an /etc/init.d/boot.rivendell file which cleans up this
> > and other such things at boot time, Fred.
>
> Perhaps.  I'm actually seriously considering removing the 'single instance
> only' requirement altogether.  That's essentially a holdover from 1.x, I
> don't think we need it any more.  Some testing here will tell the tale...

 If it's possible for an instance to be writing the database while another is
also writing,
 then it might still be worth considering.

 Personally, I'd favor a warning.
 "Rivendell is already running.
  Force another instance ?
  ( be sure you know what you're doing ) "
 or something along those lines.

 Too often, programs refuse a second instance when it would be quite useful,
 providing you don't get stupid.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboy.cwf1.com

"Contrariwise," continued Tweedledee, "if it was so, it might be, and
if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't.  That's logic!"
                -- Lewis Carroll, "Through the Looking Glass"