It helps a little but still doesn't make sense.

My cuts played in sequential order 1 2 3 4 5 before I changed all play
sequence values to 1 for random. Then they played in different order ex.
12534. But they ALWAYS play in that order... they are never randomized
again.

I thought if random retired it wouldn't do it the first time.

...and wow it retired just before the first Rivendell?