I've tried to understand the logistics behind the log system. The issue
with my station though when it comes to logs is timing. I tried using logs
before. It didn't work properly (was I doing something wrong?). The logs
did not satisfy the times I specified when generating them... not even
close. If I started a log at 12, it could be up to 3 or 4 hours off by the
end of the day.

Secondly, the clock system seemed weird because I had to insert a new piece
FOR EVERY TRACK I wanted to play... instead of inserting one piece for
every "genre period, commercial period, et cetera" I wanted. And again it
was not even close to staying on sync when the logs were generated.

Third, I like to have random albums played, and a few tracks from each
album. I have a PHP script that successfully plays random albums, and the
logs are set to play not one but a few tracks from that album before moving
to another random one. I'd like to keep it that way.

Finally... the way I'm setting up the station to allow other churches to
participate... and the groups I have to make... I have it set so only I can
use up to 1000 carts for myself... so that it's divided that all churches
can use up to 100 each.

It also, even though you say it's better, isn't easier for me, to have one
cut per cart and then have a log system. I already spend enough time as it
is managing my church website... I don't really have the time to spend
operating with these log rotations and clocks... and having one track of a
song per cart. Now if there was another person that COULD help me with the
station I probably could use logs... but the problem is... where I live
right now... there is no one who can help me. Much less, there isn't anyone
who would give two cents about the station and would actually be reliable
when it comes to helping me out. I feel that way from experience.

But regardless... I am open to you helping me understand this logging
system and use it right so that it's not so off in timing... if you care to
explain. I'd appreciate that.