On Fri, 2012-01-13 at 12:19 +0800, Stan Fotinos wrote:
> Maybe setup recordings for 1 week only and then have those recordings
> uploaded using rdcatch to another location once done with them so
> they
> can be archived.

This would probably be the cleanest solution... capture the audio using
RDCatch, and have a post-record "upload" to a local (on the Rivendell
system) filesystem folder.  Use wildcards to export the file to a
timestamp-labeled filename (so you wouldn't overwrite the audio clip,
allowing long-term archiving if so desired).

Then, when you want to play it back later, you can use an automated
RDImport process (either via a cron job or a dropbox watch folder) to
get it back into a certain single cart that gets replayed for the
delayed-broadcast newscast.  (I.e. there would be a single [set of]
cart[s] that is|are scheduled repetitively in the log, and the RDImport
process would simply overwrite that audio with fresh audio coming from
the timestamped audio that was previously exported via RDCatch.)

It's a bit of a hack, but I think it's doable.  Hopefully this gives you
some ideas of how.