Hi all,

I think it is best to stay a close to the Rivendell system as possible. I
do not use Jack, not looking forward to use Audacity.

To answer Partick's question ==> We do a live news show from 18:00H to
19:00H and want to re-broadcast the following morning from 04:00H till
05:00H

I think one solution is a script that creates a new cart and then
kicks-off the recording, (using macro RS and RR) and schedules the
playback (macro EX) would work. So the core of the issue to this solution
is: creating a new cart.

Stan's idea also sounds even better:
<Maybe setup recordings for 1 week only and then have those recordings
uploaded using rdcatch to another location once done with them so they
can be archived. This will allow you to overwrite the these with losing
the weekly recordings.
Stan>
This can be set-up within Rivendell, without external scripts, on a weekly
or even daily base.
The archive does not have to be in Rivendell, we just need it for legal
reasons. It is fine if it lands as sound-files in some directory. So, can
I do an "upload" to the same machine? Can I just use a local path as the
URL in the RDCatch-Upload?

Thanks, Stephan Fijneman
Love-FM , St. Lucia