Hi,

My only additional comment, which does not apply to Linux, if you're
looking to use a M-Audio Delta 44 or 66 in Windows 7 64 bit, you might
or might not run into difficulty.

At one site about a year ago  which uses a Delta 66 for production work
on a CoolEdit / Adobe Audition machine, at one point we made a decision
to try Windows 7 on it in our production studio (as I recall, Win 7
offered a solution to another problem we were having on that machine).
After going to Win7 the initial problem went away, but a new one arose -
while recording audio into the Delta 66 you'd get random pauses of about
1 second in your recording.  At first I thought it was a problem with
Cool.Edit / Audition on Win7, but eventually I traced it down to a
problem with the Delta card and Win7.  Recording with the on-board
(crappy) audio card didn't have the problem (but the sound quality was
noticeably worse).

What's interesting is that googling the issue turned up quite a few
other people experiencing the same problem (it wasn't limited to
CoolEdit / Audition - it could be anything that recorded audio).  A
newer (beta) driver from M-Audio solved the problem for some people,
but for others (like us) it did not. The only explanation we could
figure out is that over the years there were slight changes in the Delta
66 hardware, and the older versions of that card seemed to have more
difficulty with Win7 (even with the newer Beta driver which was supposed
to fix the problem).  Eventually we put XP back on that machine and
devised a work-around for the original issue that we were having.  Since
then we havn't had any problems.

Once again, that was over 10 months ago and I do see they've released
another (non-beta)  update to the delta 66 driver for Win7.  I don't
know if the newer driver would fix the issue we experienced or not - I
havn't tried it.  But I just thought I'd put a word of caution out there
(again - this is not an issue in Linux).