SSH connections I fear would probably also not be permitted at my
college campus for fear they would think I'm either hacking a computer
or using another computer to bypass their proxy.

Rivendell 2 uses rdxport.cgi to import music, am I correct? It has to
access this through an http tunnel I think... does it?

Now, when people from the internet want to upload something to the
station, they use a form which uses rdxport.cgi. Now, if the music
library were located at the college campus computer, UH OH! Their
firewall will block rdxport.cgi from being able to import the music
onto my campus computer... for that would be considered an inbound
connection (web server computer, which contains rdxport.cgi and the
upload forms is requesting upload of the music to the campus computer)
. Thus, the only other workaround is that the music library must be
located at the same computer as the web server (thus rdxport.cgi would
make no requests to the campus computer... it'd simply upload locally
to the web server computer)... however the music still has to somehow
be accessible from my campus computer in rdairplay. If rdairplay were
to access the music from the webserver computer that would be a
downstream connection (campus computer requests connection to web
server computer)... which is permitted.

I can draw a diagram of what I'm trying to explain if it helps.