Patrick,

Please, don't ignore the Tyndale's advices.

Did you compress the songs in the Rivendell Library using MP2, or
are you using uncompressed WAVs? If you have uncompressed WAV files, you
will need a  VERY robust network connection between your mom's house and
the college (maybe about 10 Mb/s) to get the files transferred in realtime
from the Rivendell server to your computer in the college. This means that,
in your mom's house, the UPSTREAM connection must be at least 10 Mb/s and
your college should let you download data at this bitrate.

If you compress all your Rivendell library to MP2, you'll need less
bandwith (maybe 512 kb/s), but still it is a great bandwidth, and you'll be
affected by the latency and other issues.

Bye.