On May 13, 2012, at 14:22 04, Dave B. wrote:

> I wish to import MP2 files from a previous installation of Rivendell
> into a new installation of Rivendell. Will it attempt to re-encode those
> files or leave them as-is?

An 'import' will always re-encode the data.

> My initial intention was to copy /var/snd and just "restore" the
> database from the backup from the old installation.

That would be the correct way to do it.

> However, they are
> two different database versions. It seems I can restore that backup but
> no modules will start after the restoration.

Be sure that the schema is updated by running RDAdmin after the restore.  (If
you're using RDAdmin to do the restore, this will be handled automatically).

|   Some people call them "cars" or "trucks"; I call them "dimensional    |
|   transmogrifiers" because they change three-dimensional cats into      |
|   two-dimensional ones.                                                 |
|                                         -- F. Frederick Skitty          |