Hi all,

The Debian team announces this week that Qt3 will not be included in the
next stable release :

-copy-
Ana Beatriz Guerrero López blogged about the removal of Qt3 from
Debian [3]: the package was orphaned [4] a year ago and, as nobody has
volunteered to maintain it, is now a candidate for removal before the
release of "Wheezy". A wiki page tracking the status of the removal [5]
is available.

    3 :
http://ekaia.org/blog/2012/05/20/long-due-to-do-item-removal-of-qt3-from-debian/
    4 : http://bugs.debian.org/625502
    5 : http://wiki.debian.org/qt3-x11-freeRemoval
-endofcopy-

For the moment, it's not a blocker problem for us (debian packagers)
because I think/hope that Qt3 backport packages will be available in a
first time.

But we will be happy to include (soon) the Qt4 support in the packages ;)

Regards,
--
Alban Peignier - al...@tryphon.eu

Tryphon : Radio, Web et Logiciels Libres
http://www.tryphon.eu