On 10/12/2012 7:31 AM, Sascha Ludwig wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 07:20:29 -0500, Alan Smith <alansm...@flinn.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I found my issue (I think).  I have been messing with this since
>> yesterday, and NOTHING I did would fix it.  Well this morning I went in
>> and deleted my service name and created a completely new service name,
>> and it works.  I *think* the problem was the service name I was trying
>> to use "wxyz-fm".  I don't think it liked the dash.
> Almost the same problem I had :)
>
> But anyway, something like this should not happen.
> If chars are not allowed, rivendell should reject them on creation :)
> But it's not always so easy to validate all the inputs.
> And maybe it's a small bug in log generation.
>
>> Sorry I figured it out AFTER I posted!
> NP :)
> Finally showed me that I wasn't the only one.
>
> Cheers Sascha

Even though I did figure it out (almost immediately after posting
none-the-less after messing with it since yesterday), I did want to say
thank you, and let you know that I do appreciate your help and replying
back to me very quickly!  Both Rivendell and Linux are new to me, but so
far the appliance CD has made setup a breeze.  I initially tried to get
it to work under Ubuntu, but had to give up.

I had never heard of "CentOS" before, but as it turns out, I didn't
realize it was based on RedHat.  The only production Linux box I ever
set up was a Samba server here at work on RHEL 4, so at least I have a
*little* experience with it.

Sorry for the ramble, but thank you again for the help!

-Alan