On Tuesday 13 November 2012 09:56:10 am Lorne Tyndale wrote:
> Check within alsamixer that you have the correct input selected and the
> levels on that input are set, and that it is not set to mute.

 Or in the case of one card I ran across, that the correct input *is* muted,
 else it or others don't work. ( as I recall, the mic had to be muted for line
 to work, or something equally as silly )
 Go figure.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboy.cwf1.com

Hippogriff, n.:
        An animal (now extinct) which was half horse and half griffin.
The griffin was itself a compound creature, half lion and half eagle.
The hippogriff was actually, therefore, only one quarter eagle, which
is two dollars and fifty cents in gold.  The study of zoology is full
of surprises.