Thanks Gavin,
Maybe I'm not being very clear here. If you're familiar with other
similar playout systems it may make more sense (Myriad, Soundbox, etc).

In a standard song, you have a musical intro (start) and a musical extro
(end), these are sections that could be segue'd over by a sweeper. This
can take place at the start and the end of a track potentially, so you
could sandwich music in as follows:

Music
sweeper
Music
sweeper
Music

So each of the music tracks in the list would have a segue intro and
segue extro allowing the sweeper to play over the top of the end of one
track and the start of the next.

We use this a lot on another station I do work for using another playout
system and it gives a very good audio sound.

I do however understand your point about the talk markers and the pie
counter being confusing with all these in.

Regards,
Andy