I think the issue for us is that it seems to be set to -30 dBFS by default
(i.e. if you don't use the auto trim flag at all). Can anyone confirm that?
That's how we ended up having it mangle our music unintentionally.

Also, does the auto trim setting actually affect the output wav file, or
just it just affect metadata (e.g. by setting a cutoff in the database,
etc). Asked another way, is there a way to adjust/undo the auto-trim
setting for tracks that have already been imported?