Thanks, Geoff.  There's not much to keep on the old machine.  I was
originally going to use it as my primary machine but discovered my
AudioScience card doesn't fit.  So...I took an old SS32 machine and rebuilt
it last weekend with all new guts.  I'm planning to install RD from the
appliance CD this weekend so as far as host names, it's a blank slate.  I
assume I can follow the steps in the Migration article on the wiki (
http://rivendell.tryphon.org/wiki/Migrating_Systems).
I'm new to all flavors of Linux so I'll have to figure out locating the
audio files in /var/snd.  I have RD installed on a laptop here at the
office just to help get the feel of it and CentOS.  This particular machine
won't let me into /var/snd even if logged in as su or root.

--
brandon sossamon