Sorry.  Maybe it's because I'm new to all of this but I am installing from
the Paravel Appliance Disc which is CentOS.  It has an early version of
RD on it but updates once installed.
Just for grins, I entered the path in the computer here and it came back
with no results.  There's a good chance I'm not doing something right.  I'm
a rookie at this so I may need a little step x step handholding.  Am I
entering it in a terminal or in the find files utility?

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 4:10 PM, Robert <jeffares.rob...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Brandon,
> if you are using other then the appliance os your files may be in a
> different place
>
> use find / -name '*FILTER.txt' and you should track it down
> or locate if your system has it
>
> you need to be root
>
> It works fine
>
> You can also backup and restore and copy the /var/snd from the old
> system to the new system
>
> Robert
>

> On Thu, 2014-01-30 at 14:04 -0600, Brandon Sossamon wrote:
> > I am planning to load into my new machine this weekend.  I have a good
> > bit of my library set with markers and would like to keep that.  Upon
> > looking into the wiki for help, I found the following article:
> >
> > Can I move just my audio carts to another Rivendell System?
> >
> > Q: I would like to do a total Rivendell database overhaul and
> > basically start over with a new system setup. The only thing that I
> > would like to keep is my music library. Is there a way that I can keep
> > the music data (name, artist, album, scheduler codes, etc.) and easily
> > integrate it back into a new rivendell database?
> >
> > A: You might want to check out the 'rivendell-filter' utility (part of
> > the 'rivendell-importers' package), which was designed to do precisely
> > this sort of thing --i.e. copy carts from one Rivendell DB to another.
> >
> > Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. Chief Developer Paravel Systems
> >
> > Note: See /usr/share/doc/rivendell/RIVENDELL_FILTER.txt on a computer
> > with Rivendell installed for more information.
> >

> > I entered the above path and it gave me a "no such file or directory"
> > error.  Are there further directions elsewhere?  Anyone have any tips
> > on making this sort of move?  Will moving the database do the same or
> > just the data?
> >
> > --
> >
> > brandon sossamon

brandon sossamon