On Friday 14 February 2014 05:32:08 pm Jim Stewart wrote:
> 3)      Linux RAID also seem less picky about choice of hard drives as you
> can mix and match (although typically not the greatest idea for performance
> reasons), and all is fine.

 That's because Linux software RAID is partition based, not device based.
 You could build a RAID array on a single disk, though there would be
 no advantage, and several disadvantages to doing so.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboy.cwf1.com

It is by the fortune of God that, in this country, we have three
benefits: freedom of speech, freedom of thought, and the wisdom never
to use either.
                -- Mark Twain