So, I read somewhere that serial is the way to go with touchscreens
and RD.  Based on the below, is USB an option?  If so, I can install
the USB driver and rule out Serial Card issues.  If that doesn't work
then I'll have a 1928L for sale!

Thanks all for the help.  In general, got the rig up over the weekend
and it's on the air.  Still learning as I go!

---brandon