OK I lied, it's not THAT simple. Miscommunication here. Using ALSA was the
only way I have been able to have Rivendell play audio. Direct through ALSA
and without JACK. OF COURSE I have removed ALSA, with the menu, and checked
again in the configuration files directly. I said so. Everything is set with
the JACK server running, the audio hardware is no longer tied to RD
directly, but it can't find any audio from RD. I have had to fiddle with
permissions/ownership because for some reason out of the box jack, jack
daemons, and RD do not start as the same user and so can't see each other.
That's all fixed. No errors anywhere. Stop RD Daemons, start jack, start RD,
start stream, everything appears in the JACKCTRL panel connection menu.
Admin says it's using JACK. CAED shows no errors, Jack server running,
stream connects, but the best I can get is 128K static, nothing from the
speakers, and RDAirplay shows no meters, and won't load carts no matter how
I connect the virtual cables so far, and I've spent literally 30+ hours at
it in two days. Its either still a owner issue or the virtual cables not
connected properly. There are serious version, ownership, permissions issues
here. I set up an icecast, and shoutcast server on my linux box in Chicago
remotely, booted over to Windows, had a stream connecting and playing music
from a Windows setup in 20 minutes just to eliminate any possible issues in
the stream encoder I wrote with third party hosts. Yet, I've spent three
days trying to get a test tone because JACK and RD won't talk to each other.
It can't be this complicated can it?