JACK is running in realtime mode, but I'm using a generic Debian kernel.

There is a sound card present in the machine, but I'm not using it; I have JACK taking audio from Rivendell and feeding it to liquidsoap to generate the stream, which then goes to an icecast instance on the same machine. My streaming provider is live365.com, which relays from icecast.

Rob