What version of JACK are you using? What JACK backend are you using? ALSA?
Dummy (for use without an actual audio card providing IO)?

There are a couple of ways xruns can be caused. One is from/to the audio
card. If that's the case, try using the dummy backend since you're not
actually using the sound card for anything.

The other is slow JACK clients. JACK v2 is MUCH better at handling slow
clients. All JACK clients (caed, your encoder, etc.) should run with
realtime priority, but with their priority lower than jackd.