On Oct 28, 2014, at 06:07 12, Peter van Embden <twit...@moqua.nl> wrote:

> We recently added the option to "button start" from the mixer, but now the
> following challenge appears: while making live radio, the DJ's often uses
> "manual", but sometimes want to play songs with a jingle in between in
> "automatic". But, if the channel is not "started", no sound will be heard.
> And if you start the channel, the next in line just starts playing.

You need to set up bidirectional control.  It’s not enough only to have button
ON and OFF events on the desk trigger RDAirPlay START and STOP actions.  You
also need to have Rivendell START and STOP events trigger channel ON and OFF
actions on the desk.

The place to configure this is in the ‘Edit GPIOs’ dialogs in
RDAdmin->ManageHosts->RDAirPlay.  The specific details are strongly dependent
upon the precise model of mixing desk in use and how it’s been interfaced to
Rivendell.