Greetings,

Generally if you check the alsa project any of the cards listed there to
work on linux will work.
Don't know about akai, but surprised the m-audio doesn't work for you, if
they are external as in usb you need to make sure
that the usb sound module is started. Most m-audio usb's will work with the
generic usb sound driver.

sudo modprobe snd-usb-audio

should get it started for you.

Cheers

Tim

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 9:27 AM, Jason McMullan <programcoordina...@whus.org
> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I deployed Rivendell for production a couple of months ago and I've been
> very happy with it. Production install is currently on an old mac mini
> running Ubuntu 12.04.
>
> Sorry to ask what is probably a common question but I'm a newcomer to
> Linux when it comes to audio support and configuration.
>
> Are there any recommended external audio interfaces that are known to work
> on linux and with Rivendell? Or recommended PCI sound cards?
>
> I've tried a few external audio interfaces I had in the shop, including
> two M-Audio interfaces and an Akai interface without any luck. In all cases
> I could not get linux to recognize the interfaces at all, and could not
> find drivers for them. I know this is not a rivendell question per se but
> I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jason
>
> --
> Jason McMullan