Hi Jason
I think most m-audio cards should work.
Ubuntu will probably know your sound card is there.
In a terminal type this.
cat /proc/asound/modules

Sound Cards start at 0 and a second card would be card 1 etc

You should get all your cards listed.
If the m-audio shows up there.
You might have to add lines for the second card in the /etc/asound.conf file.
for example...
pcm.rd1 {
  type hw
  card 1
}
ctl.rd1 {
  type hw
  card 1
}

Now Ubuntu has a reputation for swapping cards around on subsequent
reboots. So you may need to "hard code" in sound card values into the
/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf file. We can help you set that up if
needed.

I hope this helps you.
Many Thanks
Geoff Barkman