You need to assign "file" access for the MySQL "rduser" account to be able
to write files on the server.  The Rivendell system doesn't set this grant
when creating the rduser account. See
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/privileges-provided.html#priv_file

Also note this comment from the MySQL doc: "As a security measure, the
server will not overwrite existing files."

I granted FILE to the rduser account using a MySQL workbench on a Windows
system and was able to export a table to a file.  I tried using a GRANT
command via the mysql CLI, but I couldn't figure out the correct command
syntax.

++hobbitt

On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 7:39 AM, Mike Price <mpr...@srnradio.com> wrote:

>  Hello,
>

> I have need to export the RECORDINGS table of the Rivendell database.  I
> have tried:
>
> mysql> select * from RECORDINGS INTO OUTFILE '/home/rd/Documents/Test.txt';
>

> but got the error:
>
> ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'rduser'@'localhost' (using
> password: YES)
>

> We have over 1600 relay and switcher commands in the table and all the
> switcher commands need to be translated for our new SAS switcher.
>

> Any help in exporting this table is greatly appreciated.
>

> Michael W. Price
>
> Manager, Technical Services
>
> Salem Radio Network
>
> 6400 Belt Line Rd., STE 210