Hi Nicholas
You installed Rivendell using the Tryphon repositories. After
installing it, did you fired up rdadmin? This usually creates all the
necessary Rivendell Database and tables for the database.

 If you forgot to start rdadmin but instead manually created a
rivendell data base using mysql admin or some other mysql database
manipulation program. You probably just have to delete the database
that you made and then fire up rdadmin and let rdadmin create the
Database and tables itself.
If I read your email correctly it looks to me like you made the
database yourself... instead of rdadmin.

Once the database is correctly made you can also do a database restore
from another Rivendell Database if you have one from another machine.
I'm not sure if this is your first machine or you have another set up
of rivendell.

Many thanks
Geoff Barkman