Hi,

Sounds like something might have a memory leak.  You might want to see
which task / process is using up memory on your system.

The easiest way to see this in Top, if you hit M (that's a capital M)
it'll sort by memory usage.

It might give you an indication if the difficulty is something related
to Rivendell or something else running on your system.

Lorne Tyndale