Stan, our soundcard is a M Audio Delta 44. Looking forward to hear, if a
Audioscience card makes any difference

Robert, I've made an "easy" solution. Now I record one more second in the
end than I have to. Then I run the news also in AUX log 1, but one second
earlier. It then skips the other news file when it comes to the end, so we
don't hear the noise.
It looks ugly with all the macros and stuff, but it works