Verstuurd

Van: Keywan Tonekaboni
Verzonden: ‎zondag‎ ‎19‎ ‎april‎ ‎2015 ‎21‎:‎32
Aan: User_discussion_about_the_Rivendell_Radio_Automation_System

Hi,

unfortunately "Wait up" means it waits exactly the time and then start
the event. I always combine "wait up" with a "make next", like Peter
suggest.

E.g.:
00:59:45 make next (empty macro, "cleans up" the log at this time)
01:00:00 wait up to 3 minutes (cart with time announcement)

If the song ends between 00:59:45 and 1:03:00, then the announcement
will be broadcast after that song. A song will only be interrupted, when
its longer then 3:15 (assuming it is starting at 00:59:44.9). In our
case just in a few cases the songs are interrupted. (this is the night
schedule)

For news we use the same approach, but with 1min wait-up-to time.

Still, I think a real "wait up to" would be nice. Can anybody tell me,
for what this "delayed hard time" (which sounds for me as a more
accurate label for this feature) is useful?

Best

Keywan

Am Sonntag, den 19.04.2015, 20:49 +0200 schrieb Morten Krarup Nielsen:
> Thank you.
>

> That solved my problem (although it would be logic that "wait up to"
> skipped items, and I really think I had it working this way on
> Friday.. Strange...)

>         Hi Morten,
>

>         I tackled this problem with this solution:
>         Place a macro-cart with "play next" command at XX:59:48 and
>         set it to "make next". Then make the NEWS cart a "hard start"
>         at XX:00:55 (like you already have). This way the news will
>         always start at XX:00:55, but will start earlier if item
>         reaches the end (because "play next" overrules "hard start").
>

>         Cheers,
>

>         Peter van Embden
>         Radio Capelle
>         The Netherlands