Hi Brad

Have you tried disabling the motherboard sound card as a test to see if the usb sound card works by it self?

Regards

Stan

On 24/04/2015 3:56 am, Brad Beahm wrote:
Hello all,

I've got a USB Sound card that's stumping me.

I'm running the Paravel Appliance CentOS 6.5 running Rivendell 2.10.3

The motherboard Intel soundcard shows up and works fine with RDAirplay and RD Panel an the rest. The add-on USB card shows up in some places but is not working with RD.

I'd like to use the USB sound card as the main playback and record device and use the motherboard device for the preview/cue bus for auditioning cuts and adding segue/intro markers in RDLibrary. I know how to change the assignments via RDAdmin, but the USB card isn't there to change to.

The USB card is a Behringer UCA222. I have gotten the normal Movie Player play from it so I know it works with the OS.

I can see the USB Card when I run alsamixer

*Below is the compilation of soundcard info from running arecord -l:*

card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC888 Analog [ALC888 Analog]
  Subdevices: 0/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: ALC888 Digital [ALC888 Digital]
  Subdevices: 0/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: CODEC [USB Audio CODEC], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

*This is what I get when I run arecord -L*
default
front:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
    HDA Intel, ALC888 Analog
    Front speakers
surround40:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
    HDA Intel, ALC888 Analog
surround41:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
    HDA Intel, ALC888 Analog
surround50:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
    HDA Intel, ALC888 Analog
surround51:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
    HDA Intel, ALC888 Analog
surround71:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
    HDA Intel, ALC888 Analog
front:CARD=CODEC,DEV=0
    USB Audio CODEC, USB Audio
    Front speakers
surround40:CARD=CODEC,DEV=0
    USB Audio CODEC, USB Audio
surround41:CARD=CODEC,DEV=0
    USB Audio CODEC, USB Audio
surround50:CARD=CODEC,DEV=0
    USB Audio CODEC, USB Audio
surround51:CARD=CODEC,DEV=0
    USB Audio CODEC, USB Audio
surround71:CARD=CODEC,DEV=0
    USB Audio CODEC, USB Audio
iec958:CARD=CODEC,DEV=0
    USB Audio CODEC, USB Audio
    IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output

-------------------------------
*
*
*This is the asound.conf*

#
# Place your global alsa-lib configuration here...
#

@hooks [
{
func load
files [
"/etc/alsa/pulse-default.conf"
]
errors false
}
]
# *** Start of Rivendell configuration generated by rdalsaconfig(1) ***
pcm.rd0 {
  type hw
  card 1
  device 0
}
ctl.rd0 {
  type hw
  card 1
}
pcm.rd1 {
  type hw
  card 0
  device 0
}
ctl.rd1 {
  type hw
  card 0
}
pcm.rd2 {
  type hw
  card 0
  device 1
}
ctl.rd2 {
  type hw
  card 0
}
pcm.rd3 {
  type hw
  card 0
  device 2
}
ctl.rd3 {
  type hw
  card 0
}
# *** End of Rivendell configuration generated by rdalsaconfig(1) ***

-------------
*Audio Resource Information from RDAdmin*
AUDIO ADAPTERS
  Card 0: HDA Intel at 0xff980000 irq 25
      Driver: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA)
      Inputs: 1
      Outputs: 1

  Card 1: HDA Intel at 0xff980000 irq 25
      Driver: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA)
      Inputs: 0
      Outputs: 1

  Card 2: HDA Intel at 0xff980000 irq 25
      Driver: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA)
      Inputs: 1
      Outputs: 0

  Card 3: Not present

  Card 4: Not present

  Card 5: Not present

  Card 6: Not present

  Card 7: Not present

------------------
RDAlsaConfig shows this under Active Sound Devices:
Burr-Brown from TI USB Audio CODEC at usb-0000:00:1d.2-1, full speed - USB Audio [1]
HDA Intel at 0xff980000 irq 25 - ALC888 Analog [1]
HDA Intel at 0xff980000 irq 25 - ALC888 Analog [2]
HDA Intel at 0xff980000 irq 25 - ALC888 Analog [3]

*In the GNOME Sound Preferences the USB shows up as:*
PCM2902 Audio Codec
1 Output / 1 Input
Analog Stereo Duplex

I would very much appreciate the help. This is one of my last hurdles before putting this system in the studio and on the air.
Thanks
Brad Beahm
Operations Manager
Platte River Radio in Hastings and Kearney, NE