On Jul 26, 2015, at 10:41 16, John Anderson <j...@2601.net> wrote:

> If you setup specific/limited users with specific functions, they show
> up fine, again, I question why any system needs a whole bunch of
> different users with different access rights...

It totally depends on the specific site and its requirements.  For a site with
a single workstation, one user account is often enough.  As things grow though,
it often becomes desirable to create accounts crafted for the various roles in
the facility (production guy, traffic manager, on-air announcer, engineer, etc).

Another point to bear in mind concerns sound panels.  ā€˜Uā€™ panels are keyed to
the particular user logged into the system.  Creating multiple user accounts
thus can be a powerful way to provide each on-air person with their own
customized sonic environment.