Hey this would be a good one.

Hopefully the RPI could keep a constant waveform going out so not to cause some sort of mis-modulation calamity. We've been running a full PC with an M-Audio Audiophile-192 doing this for some time now with fabulous results, but using a Windows processing software solution. It would be nice to have a simple RPI thing laying around that could be substituted in for a failed processor at any time. I don't know what MPX code is around that will run on an RPI, isn't "StereoTool" a commercial binary-only product? Someone did some simple source code awhile back that just does the stereo MPX generation from two channels of audio input, I have a copy of the source code for this. I was hoping to adapt it to have a Jack Audio input so I can then use processing elements already available to Jack (limiters, compressors, gates, EQ's etc), to build a full stereo processor solution but such a task is a little beyond me.

On 9/15/2015 10:00 AM, rivendell-dev-requ...@lists.rivendellaudio.org wrote:
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 17:50:25 +0200
From: Hoggins!<fucks...@wheres5.com>
To:rivendell-dev@lists.rivendellaudio.org
Subject: Re: [RDD] Raspberry2

Hey there,

Le 15/09/2015 17:41, Marc Steele a ?crit :
>If you're building 1U boxes anyway, might be worth putting a balanced
>audio driver chip or transformer in the box. That's what I ended up
>doing for a little embedded Pi "codec" I built.
Do you know of any audio chip that would be able to handle 192kHz
sampling on a Pi 2 ? I'm thinking of building IP MPX codecs on raw PCM
between sites. I was thinking using old-fashioned E-MU 0202 for that
job, but maybe there are other solutions ?

Cheers !

     Hoggins!