I m new to Rivendell and linux but now have master and slave servers set up
with 5 clients in the studio all on CentOS 6.7 with RD ver 2.10.3-1 on 64
bit quad core AMD/ASUS machines. I put them on an internal sub network with
static IPs and constant internet access to allow several functions for the
production staff and program downloads.  It all seems to work fine for as
as much as I have learned and set up so far. (Being the catch-all engineer,
it takes time to learn and get to it along with everything else. We are
getting close to putting it on the air, I think.)

I have security questions at the moment:
-How is the best, and not too complicated way to protect ourselves from
outside attacks? (assuming a strong root password, what should be off and
on in the system and what else should I do?)
-Should the server and client firewalls be enabled? I recall reading
somewhere that enabling them might prevent RD from executing certain
functions. Can I assume that our campus server firewall is enough?
-Is there a package such as Aide that I should be using in addition to
system precautions?- I don't know enough about what would help.

Thanks,

Tom Van Gorkom
Office: 956-380-8150
Cell: 865-803-7427