On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 3:32 PM, Robert Jeffares <jeffares.rob...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> XLR Should work in a 1 u environment I have 1u gear with xlr on the back.

Yes, but consider this picture:

https://www.adafruit.com/images/970x728/1761-03.jpg

If you mount the xlr on the audio board and then plug the pi and the audio
board together, the total package might be more than 1u.

If you wanted to do a 1u box however, it would not be unreasonable to have
the xlrs at the end of cable to mount to the back of the 1u box while the
pi and the audio card are mounted elsewhere in the box and not right where
the xlrs are located.

Or am I being dense here?

> On 18/09/15 02:23, Wayne Merricks wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been contacted by the IQAudio Pi HAT guys (iqaudio.co.uk). They're
>> looking into the potential of having a balanced XLR output board for the
>> Pi.  I know what we would use it for (1U rack mount receiver, Internal
>> monitoring/network speakers, potentially some sort of IP Phone interface,
>> maybe even a one output Rivendell box with GPIO support).
>>
>> The questions they've asked me is what would you want from such an addon:
>>
>>   * Balanced Audio via..?
>>       o XLR (may not fit into a 1U height restriction)
>>       o Mini XLR
>>       o 3.5mm stereo/balanced Jacks
>>       o Header pins
>>   * Access to GPIO Pins?
>>   * Access to USB?
>>   * Access to Network?
>>   * Anything else they haven't thought of?
>>
>> And now the awkward question, what price range would you be prepared to
>> pay for something like this?
>>

>> Wayne Merricks
>> The Voice Asia

all the best,