Hi,

Yes XLRs fit fine on 1U but not with the Pi Underneath it. You basically have this set up (ripped from IQ Audio's email):

1U ~ 40mm
5mm spacer under pi
2mm pi pcb
12mm spacer (to clear pi components)
2mm DAC Hat

Leaves: 19mm to fit XLR connectors.

Wayne Merricks
The Voice Asia

On 17/09/15 16:52, David Klann wrote:

I'm making a 1U device (not for Rivendell) that includes 4 XLR
connectors on a modified back panel. They fit just fine!

Parts from parts-express.com:

Item Number 092-0156, Amphenol AC3FDZB XLR "D" Flange Panel Mount
Connector Female
Item Number 092-0158, Amphenol AC3MMDZB XLR "D" Flange Panel Mount
Connector Male

The 1U case is from Athena Power, model RM-1U100DR22

Hope this helps!

   ~David Klann