This is a bit of a head scratcher for me.

I built up a proof-of-concept Rivendell system in a VirtualBox guest VM using
JACK, and "local audio adapter" switch that works beautifully.

Now I'm trying to move it to the "real" world on a physical box and every time
I execute a macro to switch the inputs (still using JACK) the audio switches,
and then a couple of seconds later, RIPCD crashes, and Rivendell is no longer
functional.  (Meaning I can't trigger any other carts/macros)

I'm executing the macros from the sound panel.

It doesn't seem to matter which distribution I use (always a Ubuntu variant).

My install process is:

Install distribution.
Install/configure JACK.
Install MySQL
Add tryphon repository/add rivendell/rivendell-server.
Setup JACK/Rivendell for RT priority
Setup JACK patching
Setup Rivendell to use JACK/Local Audio Adapter switch
Program switch macros in RDLibrary.
Add switch macros to SoundPanel.

Oddly enough, this works perfectly in my VirtualBox setup.  I might try to
recreate the VirtualBox version today to see if I can do it again in the
virtual world.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

James