From: rivendell-dev-boun...@lists.rivendellaudio.org
[mailto:rivendell-dev-boun...@lists.rivendellaudio.org] On Behalf Of Seth
Stevenson
Sent: 22 June 2016 15:16
To: User discussion about the Rivendell Radio Automation System
<rivendell-dev@lists.rivendellaudio.org>
Subject: Re: [RDD] Appliance Versions...

I had terrible trouble when upgrading rivendell after a fresh install of the
appliance which I believe was Rivendell 2.5.5 on Centos 6. Rivendell upgraded
to 2.14.1 just fine, but then the daemons wouldn't start. After much hassle I
removed the mysql that came with the appliance, and installed mariadb. Now the
daemons see the mysql database, but I can't get mysql to start, which is where
I am stuck at currently. Can the whole appliance be upgraded so maria and
rivendell 2.14.1 work out of the box?

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 10:13 AM, Alessio Elmi <alessio_e...@hotmail.com
I have to admit I never used the appliance for my needs. I always used Debian.
However, if MySQL daemon doesn't start you should see any motivation in syslog,
but again, I don't have experience on that. Moreover I don't see how upgrading
Rivendell packages would hurt on SQL setup/config, it shouldn't. Check if there
is anything helpful in the logs.

Il giorno mer 22 giu 2016 alle ore 16:05 Seth Stevenson <rcflye...@gmail.com

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 9:28 AM, Alessio Elmi <alessio_e...@hotmail.com