Dear Ermina,

I understand your need for a recording tool that you can use, and although
RDLibrary
can do that I don't think it was really intended for recording segments.  Here
at RFA
we use Audacity to record our segments/Carts etc.  Our version actually
interfaces
with Rivendell directly, and is our own version - since Audacity is Open
Source.
I am looking into creating a git hub repository that could allow people to
use/build
this version of the tool but because of trademark issues -
we can't call it Audacity, they have the rights to that name. AudioRiv maybe?

I will let you, and the Rivendell community as well,
if it makes it into a git hub repository somewhere.

Our version of Audacity works on Windows (Win 7 and Win 10), however, it could
be ported to Linux
(I once built an Ubuntu version) and other OS's as well with some work....

Best Regards,

Todd Baker
Technician
Radio Free Asia,  Washington D.C.