Hi

I've seen you have installed qjackctl.

On my Debian8 i use three systemd services to run caed,ripcd and
rdcatchd with the user "rduser" at startup. But to run jackd before,
i've to kill them after systemstart. Do you know a way to insert a "wait
for jackd" in the caed service.?

Atached the service files.

On most of my machines i like to use jack for audiorouting...

Am 22.10.2017 20:37, schrieb Tim Camp:

> Greetings,
> Understand, just wanted to have the audio science drivers in there for anyone
> who needs them.
>
> I compiled qt3 from source
>
> Cheers
>
> Tim Camp
> WZEW FM
>
> On Oct 22, 2017 1:31 PM, "Schwoon, newsletter" <newslet...@schwoon.info>
> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I don't have such soundcart equipment. :) Using mostly simple USB Soundcards
> from Behringer. (UMC204HD)
>
> BTW ... Where did you get the QT3 stuff from.? Or is that still available on
> 14.04. On Deb8 i've to use the repo from
>
> http://debian.tryphon.eu/
>
> Am 22.10.2017 20:00, schrieb Tim Camp:
> Greetings
>
> Thanks, yes this is a live copy of my development system so everything is
> there to compile next release. Would be only necessary to do . /configure
> --sysconfdir= /etc/apache2/available_conf
>
> I will be updating the iso later today with hpi included.
>
> Cheers
>
> Tim Camp
> WZEW FM
>
> On Oct 22, 2017 12:28 PM, "Schwoon, newsletter" <newslet...@schwoon.info>
> wrote:
>
> Very good work. I've done this based on Debian 8. And made the image with
> Systemback, too. :)
>
> I think, it shoud be possible to compile the next release with this commands
> from inside the source DIR..?! Assuming the path to the libexec is the
> same...
>
> autogen.sh
> configure --disable-hpi --libexecdir=/var/www/rd-bin
> make ...
>
> Am 20.10.2017 16:24, schrieb Tim Camp:
> Greetings,
>
> I have uploaded to my website a installable live cd of Rivendell 2.17.0 on
> Lubuntu 14.04LTS for x86-64
>
> I built this iso to help me do multiple installs at our stations and just
> thought some of you debian/ubuntu peeps might have a use for it.
>
> This LTS version is supported through April 2019
>
> The iso of Lubuntu has had all the fat removed nothing but system utilities
> and a few necessary packages.
> I like bare bones appliances in my control rooms.
>
> It contains a fully operating Rivendell 2.17.0 install compiled from source.
>
> One caveat no-hpi, I'll upload one that includes that in a few days.
> I've got a little tinkering to do with the hpklinux.
>
> For live testing with a cd
> username is rduser
> pw is rivendell
>
> to run Rivendell from the cd you will have to start mysql
>
> sudo service mysql start
>
> If you wish to install you must run install from the boot splash, not inside
> the live version.
>
> Here is the link
> http://dotcom1.net/rivendell/Lubuntu-Rivendell-2.17.0-Live.iso
> MD5 check sum at http://dotcom1.net/rivendell/MD5 [1]

> [...]

Links:
------
[1] http://dotcom1.net/rivendell/MD5
[Unit]
Description=Rivendell Radio Automation caed Service
Requires=mysql.service
After=mysql.service

[Service]
User=rduser
Type=forking
ExecPre=/usr/local/sbin/rdcleandirs
ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/caed
RuntimeDirectory=rivendell
RuntimeDirectoryMode=755
PIDFile=/var/run/rivendell/caed.pid
Restart=on-abort

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

[Unit]
Description=Rivendell Radio Automation rdcatchd Service
Requires=ripcd.service
After=ripcd.service

[Service]
User=rduser
Type=forking
ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/rdcatchd
PIDFile=/var/run/rivendell/rdcatchd.pid
Restart=on-abort

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

[Unit]
Description=Rivendell Radio Automation ripcd Service
Requires=caed.service
After=caed.service

[Service]
User=rduser