While we're on the topic of dropboxes and downloads, please permit me to
self-promote two things: 1) a podcast downloader and importer, and 2) a
dropbox "sanity checker". Both are command line tools to help with
dropbox configuration and maintenance.

The podcast downloader (I call it "Kuchota"; Swahili for "fetch") is a
ZSH script that configures and maintains configuration for the standard
Linux tool "podget" (https://github.com/dvehrs/podget). Details and
source at
https://github.com/opensourceradio/ram/blob/master/usr/local/bin/kuchota
(I need to pull it out of its current repo and make it a separate project).

The dropox checker is an experiment in Go (golang.org) that I'm using
with several stations to check the current state of dropbox
configurations and rdimport processes. It attempts to fix simple issues
like permissions and missing directories, and if necessary restarts
rdcatchd(8) to kick off missing rdimport(1) processes. The code is at
https://github.com/dklann/rd-dropbox

  ~David Klann